What is DDEX?
DDEX is a standardized structure of XML (markup language) used to support digital distribution of digital content, such as music and artwork. The DDEX ERN protocol is one of the most widely approved standards, used by thousands of labels, publishers and distributors worldwide.
If you do not currently use DDEX and are unable to register at this time, we recommend using our CSV format
What versions of DDEX do you support?:
- DDEX v3.6
- DDEX v3.7
- DDEX v3.8
- DDEX v3.8.1 - Preferred version
In each DDEX document (XML) that you send to Dubset, you will need to enter our Dubset DDEX party name and ID -
<FullName>Dubset Media Holdings, Inc.</FullName>
Step 1) Upload a sample DDEX XML file
After you start the ingestion process you will need to select the option for "DDEX."
To validate your selection, you will be asked to upload a sample XML file of your DDEX catalog structure. At this point we don't need any media files, just a sample of the document to double check the format.
Step 2) Validate
MixBANK validates the structure of your XML file to ensure it aligns with our standards.
Step 3) Get your FTP credentials
After validating your XML file, the following screen will include your company's unique login to our FTP server. Additionally, a message containing the credentials will be sent to your email address.
What is FTP? FTP is the File Transfer Protocol; it is a standard protocol used by the music industry to exchange files from one server (e.g. your computer or company's server) to another (MixBANK). We use an SFTP server for partners like you to provide their catalogs for use in MixBANK. The "S" simply means that exchanges are done on a secure, protected server.
Step 4) Open your local FTP client
You will need to download an FTP client program to continue ingestion. We recommend using Filezilla.
The left side of the FileZilla window represents your computer, while the right side will represent MixBANK's FTP.
Step 5) Enter server details & your credentials
You will need to manually type in the SFTP server information for MixBANK, along with your credentials provided in the previous step. This will allow you to upload your content.
Click "Site Manager" on top left of your FileZilla window. Please note: do not use the "Quick Connect" option.
MixBANK's SFTP server details are as follows:
- SFTP URL: sftp.mixbank.com
- SFTP Port: 2020
- Username: Issued automatically to you on MixBANK during the ingestion process
- Password: Issued automatically to you on MixBANK during the ingestion process
Step 6) Upload a test batch that includes XML, audio, and artwork files to FTP into "/test" folder.
- The label shall create a parent folder using a date/time naming convention in the form of YYYYMMDDhhmmssnnn to indicate a sequence. YYYY indicates the year in which the Release is placed on the FTP server, while MM and DD indicate the month and day, hhmmss indicates the hour (in 24 hours), minutes, and seconds. And finally, nnn indicates the millisecond in which the Release is placed on the FTP server.
- Place the XML file in that folder and create another folder called 'resources'
- Place audio and artwork assets inside the 'resources' folder
- Lastly, place a "BatchComplete" trigger file inside the parent batch folder. This "BatchComplete" file will contain a ManifestMessage which kicks off the ingestion process and must be included for all batches once they are ready for ingestion - for ex: BatchComplete_20170720184151000.xml
Your folder structure should look something similar to the screenshot above
More info on the choreography of the folder structure can be found here
- Then drag the parent folder with all its contents from the left side (your computer) to the right side (your folder in our FTP server) into the "/test" folder
Step 7) Validate your test batch
After you upload the test batch files, return to MixBANK in your browser and click "Start Test."
Step 8) Remove your test batch files
Return to your FTP client window and remove the test batch files from the folder.
Step 9) Upload your complete catalog to FTP
Drag and drop your most up-to-date catalog to the parent folder "/". Do not upload your catalog into the "/test" folder as this will create errors.
What your a complete catalog includes:
- .xml file containing your catalog's metadata
- Audio files
- Artwork files
Once you've finished uploading your complete catalog it is time to upload a "BatchComplete" trigger file containing a ManifestMessage in order to kick off the ingestion process. This "BatchComplete" file must be included for all batches once they are ready for ingestion.
Step 10) Finished
After you're finished uploading your catalog to the FTP server, return to the MixBANK dashboard: Click "Next", then "Finish".
Note: It can still take several days to weeks for your catalog to populate within the MixBANK dashboard. A member of our team will email the moment your catalog is available.