What is CSV?
A CSV is a comma separated values file which allows data to be saved in a table structured format. CSVs look like a garden-variety spreadsheet but with a .csv extension (Traditionally they take the form of a text file containing information separated by commas, hence the name).
MixBANK's CSV format requirements can be found here.
Step 1) Upload a sample CSV file
After you start the ingestion process you will need to select the option for "CSV."
To validate your selection, you will be asked to upload a sample .csv file of your catalog. As this point we don't need any media files, just a sample of the document to double check the format.
Step 2) Validate
MixBANK validates the structure of your CSV file to ensure it aligns with our standards.
Step 3) Get your FTP credentials
After validating your CSV file, the following screen will include your company's unique login to our FTP server. Additionally, a message containing the credentials will be sent to your email address.
What is FTP? FTP is the File Transfer Protocol; it is a standard protocol used by the music industry to exchange files from one server (e.g. your computer or company's server) to another (MixBANK). We use an SFTP server for partners like you to provide their catalogs for use in MixBANK. The "S" simply means that exchanges are done on a secure, protected server.
Step 4) Open your local FTP client
You will need to download an FTP client program to continue ingestion. We recommend using FileZilla.
The left side of the FileZilla window represents your computer, while the right side will represent your company's folder on our FTP server.
Step 5) Enter server details & your credentials
You will need to manually type in the SFTP server information for MixBANK, along with your credentials provided in the previous step. This will allow you to upload your content.
Click "Site Manager" on top left of your Filezilla window. Please note: do not use the "Quick Connect" option.
MixBANK's SFTP server details are as follows:
- SFTP URL: sftp.mixbank.com
- SFTP Port: 2020
- Username: Issued automatically to you on MixBANK during the ingestion process
- Password: Issued automatically to you on MixBANK during the ingestion process
Step 6) Upload a test batch that includes CSV, audio, and artwork files to FTP into "/test" folder.
- The label shall create a parent folder using a naming convention in the form YYYYMMDDhhmm to indicate a sequence. YYYY indicates the year in which the Release is placed on the FTP server, while MM and DD indicate the month and day, and hhmm indicates the hour (in 24 hours), and minute.
- Place the CSV file in that folder and create another folder called 'resources'
- Place audio and artwork assets inside the 'resources' folder
Your folder structure should look something similar to this
- Then drag the folder, from the left side (your computer) to the right side (your folder in our FTP server) with all its contents from your computer into the "/test" folder
Step 7) Validate your test batch
After you upload the test batch files, return to MixBANK in your browser and click "Start Test."
Step 8) Remove your test batch files
Once validation is successful, return to your FTP client window and remove the test batch files from the folder.
Step 9) Upload your complete catalog to FTP
Drag and drop your most up-to-date catalog to the parent folder "/". Do not upload your catalog into the "/test" folder as this will create errors.
What your complete catalog includes:
- .csv file containing your catalog's metadata
- Audio files
- Artwork files
Step 10) Finished
After you're finished uploading your catalog to the FTP server, return to the MixBANK dashboard: Click "Next", then "Finish".
Note: It can still take several days to weeks for your catalog to populate within the MixBANK dashboard. A member of our team will email you the moment your catalog is available.